Symantec has been sold to Broadcom

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Aug 9 23:03:35 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 09:36:53PM +0000, solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
> Nowadays I'm thinking on what kind of license should I use on my "open
> source media franchise" (or whatever I should call it), since I don't
> want to keep it all for myself, and I would like to encourage other
> authors to not only write what is essentially glorified fanfiction,
> but to contribute back so other creators and even I can build upon
> that. My current candidate is LGPL on the lore, character design, etc,
> while end products using them can be proprietary.

Have you ever looked at the Creative Commons licenses?  Some of them are
geared for just this purpose, to make art/media/etc. shareable in the
way you describe.

The peace of mind---from knowing that viruses which exploit Microsoft system vulnerabilities cannot touch Linux---is priceless. -- Frustrated system administrator.