Symantec has been sold to Broadcom

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Sun Aug 18 20:40:18 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-08 23:46:38 +0000, Walter Bright said:

> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/broadcom-buy-symantec-enterprise-division-201706500.html
>

> It's the end of an era. Symantec bought my company, Zortech, and now is
> bought in return. The D community, and myself personally, owe a debt of
> gratitude to Symantec.
>
> Thank you, Symantec!

Walter, you might not remember, but we once met at an exhibiton in
Wiesbaden (I think), Germany, where you were with Symantec for the C++
compiler and we had a short chat. And I once tested a bunch of C++
compilers for a German computer magazine... this all must be around 25
years ago.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com