Five Projects Selected for SAOC 2019

Stefanos Baziotis sdi1600105 at di.uoa.gr
Mon Aug 26 01:05:23 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 25 August 2019 at 13:38:24 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> The Symmetry Autumn of Code 2019 application selection process
> has come to an end. This year, we've got five projects instead
> of three. Congratulations to everyone who was selected! You can
> read about them and their projects over at the D Blog:
>
> https://dlang.org/blog/2019/08/25/saoc-2019-projects-and-participants/
>
> Reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/cv8jtd/saoc_2019_projects_and_participants/

Kudos to all 8 for trying! The project seem interesting.

I'd like to focus on the MLIR project since I have been looking
MLIR for the
last month.

I belive this a project with big potential if MLIR succeeds.

Roberto congratulations!
I don't know how much experience you have with compilers or LDC.
I'm sure
Nicholas will be there to help you but here are some suggestions.

There are a bunch of talks that I feel like focus more on the
goals of MLIR
and not the practical side (the goals are important, don't get me
wrong).

Aside from the general README etc., here's one tutorial I like
[1]. I think it's a good introduction.
This talk [2] is mostly good too.

For LDC, there's of course the dlang forum LDC group, but also
don't forget the Gitter: http://gitter.im/ldc-developers/main.

This is the main discussion thread for LDC. Don't hesitate to ask
questions there!

[1]
https://github.com/tensorflow/mlir/blob/master/g3doc/Tutorials/Toy/Ch-1.md
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyICUIZ56wQ