dud: A dub replacement

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Sun Dec 1 11:50:12 UTC 2019

On Monday, 25 November 2019 at 18:28:55 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> - lack of support for build-time code generation (i.e., build a
> subset
>   of files into an executable, run the executable to generate
> .d files,
>   compile output .d files plus other existing .d files into
> final
>   product).

I am doing exactly that. It can be done through
preGenerateCommands, calling either a secondary build script or
nested dub project, optionally using excludedSourceFiles. The
only reason it doesn’t work well is because of
https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1474. But there are
workarounds, and a poc fix.

Bastiaan.