code.dlang.org downtime

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Dec 17 01:34:16 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 17 December 2019 at 00:55:35 UTC, Pham wrote:
> On Monday, 16 December 2019 at 22:43:58 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> On Monday, 16 December 2019 at 20:21:16 UTC, Temtaime wrote:
>>> My ISP still serves old IP.
>>> Thanks for such a blackout.
>>> D is still not for production use, just a toy that may break
>>> accidentally by a will of its creators.
>>
>> I wish I could disagree, but from the view of large enterprise
>> adoption, this is indeed a very bad situation.
>
> Interprise must always use local copy -> never blindly trust
> the internet for reliable!

Oh, I don't doubt that. My point was that it makes the D language
project look like a small-scale open source project relying on
volunteers (in this case Sonke) being generous with time and
resources. What manager is going to trust a project like that
with a major project? It seems unlikely that this would not be
considered a major issue.