My Android project nearing beta

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Dec 17 17:24:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 09:37:51PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> I'm gonna drop the link here without further comment:
>
> https://github.com/adamdruppe/d_android
>
> hopefully I've written enough in the repo so anyone who wants to play
> with it can... and if not, I need to fix the docs :)
>
> let me know if you find any success or failure playing with it.

I haven't gotten around to trying this yet (my Android project already
has its own working code; I'm thinking to eventually migrate to Adam's
stuff but no time to do that yet atm); but I highly recommend everyone
interested in Android to go check it out.

Especially check out arsd/jni.d, that can be used to almost-seamlessly
interoperate D with Java.  It's not 100% there yet, but it's pretty
danged awesome. I've never imagined D/Java interop would be so nice to
use!  And this is thanks to D's awesome metaprogramming capabilities.
Compile-time introspection + static foreach, pragma(mangle), and mixin
templates = win.

INTEL = Only half of "intelligence".