Beta 2.084.1

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Feb 6 08:37:29 UTC 2019

On 05/02/2019 11:53, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 February 2019 at 04:18:55 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> Glad to announce the first beta for the 2.084.1 point release, ♥ to
>> the 6 contributors.
>>
>> http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta
>> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.084.1.html
>>
>> As usual please report any bugs at
>> https://issues.dlang.org
>>
>> -Martin
>
> This beta again has this issue:
> lld-link.exe: error: could not open msvcrt100.lib: no such file or
> directory
> lld-link.exe: error: could not open OLDNAMES.lib: no such file or directory
>
> (It is caused if you have a visual studio / build tools installation, then
> lld gets confused).
>
> It was already solved in the nightly build, I downloaded some days ago.
>
> Kind regards
> André

I think this happens because the Windows SDK is detected, but VC is not.
As the replacement import libraries for both are in the
dmd\windows\lib64\mingw folder, adding it to the library search path
would be causing some bad mixture of libraries.

VC is probably no longer detected because recent versions of the VS
installations do not write an expected registry key, but assume the COM
API to be used for detection (as added by
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/9243).

So pedantically, this is not a regression in dmd, but a changed
environment. You should still be able to link when running the
vcvarsall.bat to setup the VS/VC environment variables.