hunt-markdown 1.0.0 released,

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+d at outerproduct.org
Tue Feb 19 15:49:55 UTC 2019

Am 19.02.2019 um 11:36 schrieb zoujiaqing:
> hunt-markdown is powerfull markdown spec parsing and randering library
> for Dlang. It's fast and clean. Api design like java's commonmark library.
>
> example code:
> ```import hunt.markdown.node.Node;
> import hunt.markdown.parser.Parser;
> import hunt.markdown.renderer.html.HtmlRenderer;
>
> Parser parser = Parser.builder().build();
> Node document = parser.parse("This is *New*");
> HtmlRenderer renderer = HtmlRenderer.builder().build();
> ```
>
> More markdown spec like this:
> https://spec.commonmark.org/0.28/
>

> Github reposirory:
> https://github.com/huntlabs/hunt-markdown

Since the code appears to be a direct port from Atlassian's library, you
should also include the BSD license file, including the original
copyright notice
(https://github.com/atlassian/commonmark-java/blob/master/LICENSE.txt).
Not sure whether the Apache-2.0 license that is set in dub.sdl is
compatible.

Personally, I would also always explicitly mention the source project
when doing a fork like this, since it can help a lot in terms of
communicating the exposed API, as well as the code stability to be
expected. Also, should the project stop being maintained at some point,
the original project may still continue to be supported, so backporting
changes can be an option. Since we are talking about server
applications, tracking inherited security issues can also be important,
so documenting the version/commit on which the port is based is also a
good idea (probably most important for hunt-http etc.).