DIP 1018--The Copy Constructor--Formal Review

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 02:29:40 UTC 2019

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM Walter Bright via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Thanks for letting me know you're abandoning the rvalue ref DIP.

It's not an "rvalue ref" DIP (which I think has confused a lot of
people), it's an rvalue *by-ref* DIP.
In my head, an "rvalue ref" DIP is something completely different,
useful for implementing move semantics of mismatching types.

Are you talking about my DIP or that other thing?

> I had held off
> working on it because I didn't want to duplicate efforts; we're short-staffed
> enough as it is.

'abandoning's a strong word, but I don't have motivation to work on it
right now. Please, be my guest!