DIP 1018--The Copy Constructor--Formal Review

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 06:06:52 UTC 2019

On Monday, 25 February 2019 at 02:56:13 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Your DIP, and nobody else is going to do it, so it falls to me.

It will be reviewed at Dconf, please make sure you have an
_accurate_ summary of your criticisms of the DIP ready for then.

> BTW, everyone should expect the DIP process to be brutal.

No! It should be thorough, that is a critical distinction.

> It has to be, we're long past the stage where we can allow
> misshapen stuff to get into the language. Nobody was very kind
> with my bottom type DIP :-)

Perhaps because you responded to _precisely none_ of the feedback
and wasted everybody's time?

> You should read the dismissal of mine and Andrei's "static if"
> proposal for C++! (Ironically, it was later adopted after
> someone else redid it, after removing one of its keystone
> features.)

I have, it is hysterical in all senses to the word. I don't see
how that relates to any of this.