DIP 1018--The Copy Constructor--Formal Review

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Feb 25 19:41:12 UTC 2019

On Monday, 25 February 2019 at 19:24:55 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> From the process document:
>
> “the DIP Manager or the Language Maintainers may allow for
> exceptions which waive requirements or responsibilities at
> their discretion.”
>
> If you were to write a DIP for a feature they think important
> enough, it could be fast tracked, too.

I hate to be so negative, but when I see D's corporate management
structure, the lack of community contribution is obvious. It
doesn't exactly motivate contributions. This is no way to run an
open source project. I understand that it works well for Facebook
because everyone on the team is paid six figures, and they can be
replaced in two hours, but an open source project is not Facebook.

I know the whole argument about why it is that way. That doesn't
mean it's going to work.