DIP 1018--The Copy Constructor--Formal Review

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 26 05:26:29 UTC 2019

On 2/25/2019 7:17 PM, Manu wrote:
> break my DIP

The review process is not about "why not add this feature" , but "why should we
have this feature".

Additionally, it is most assuredly about finding flaws in it. Isn't it best to
find out the flaws before going further with it than finding them in the field?

As I mentioned before, it's supposed to be brutal. Any
testing/certification/review process is about trying to break it.

It has (hopefully) nothing to do with how hard (or little) you worked on it, nor
the cut of your jib, nor acceptance (or not) of mediocrity/merit in other DIPs.