DIP 1018--The Copy Constructor--Formal Review

Greatsam4sure greatsam4sure at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 09:59:59 UTC 2019

On Monday, 25 February 2019 at 02:29:40 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM Walter Bright via
> Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for letting me know you're abandoning the rvalue ref
>> DIP.
>
> It's not an "rvalue ref" DIP (which I think has confused a lot
> of
> people), it's an rvalue *by-ref* DIP.
> In my head, an "rvalue ref" DIP is something completely
> different,
> useful for implementing move semantics of mismatching types.
>
> Are you talking about my DIP or that other thing?
>
>> I had held off
>> working on it because I didn't want to duplicate efforts;
>> we're short-staffed
>> enough as it is.
>
> 'abandoning's a strong word, but I don't have motivation to
> work on it right now. Please, be my guest!

The worth of man is not measure by where he stand when all things
are going well but where he stands in the time of face of
challenge.

Your dip has face significant challenge. It is just a test on
your ability to forge ahead and get what you believe done in the
face of challenges.

I will really have problem in taking you serious if you just
abandon the dip. Pls rewrite the dip and let it be 50-50% win for
all of us