Sublime Text Syntax Definition Rewrite

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Thu Feb 28 11:48:38 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 10:44:30 UTC, JN wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 10:11:23 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> Great work! There is also the "D Language Server" available
>> (https://github.com/d-language-server/dls) which can be used
>> to add code completion, linting and formatting.
>> You may check whether you can make direct use of DLS in your
>> plugin without usage
>> of the generic LSP plugin (https://github.com/tomv564/LSP).
>
> Bit off-topic, but:
>
> "Tested against language servers for javascript, typescript,
> python, php, java, go, c/c++ (clangd), scala (dotty), julia,
> rust, reason."
>
> This is something I see very often nowadays. Most
> cross-language projects are including things like julia, rust,
> go, but D never seems on the radar for people. Many new
> open-source projects are thinking "should we use C/C++ or go
> for Go/Rust" rather than "should we use C/C++ or go for
> Go/Rust/D". This is unfortunate, and I don't know full reason
> for that, but it's something that's starting to be noticeable.

When I saw pages which misses information about D, I just inform
them
and in many they are kind and add the information about D.

I do not have Sublime, if someone can test whether Dls or Serve-D
(https://github.com/Pure-D/serve-d) is working fine, then tomv564
could be informed to add the info.

Kind regards
André