code-d 0.20.0 - serve-d 0.4.0 - Happy new year!

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 19:49:46 UTC 2019

On Monday, 31 December 2018 at 17:42:46 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I'm proud to announce the next code-d release with a lot of
> improvements in stability and usability.

I had been waiting for new serve-d+code-d releases after seeing
https://github.com/Pure-D/serve-d/commit/488e0f3135d32364f16cea5da96331c74f4c2afa :)
Just tested on Ubuntu and Windows, the installation and
everything else just work!
Have you considered using Travis or CircleCI to build releases
for macOS as well?

> Wish you all a happy new year and a good start into 2019!

Happy new year!

> I want to eventually write a blog post about some features you
> might not know about in code-d and how to be more productive
> using all of its features, because it really has a ton a lot of
> people don't know about.

Looking forward to reading it!

> Installing DCD
> Downloading from
> https://github.com/dlang-community/DCD/releases/download/v0.10.2/dcd-v0.10.2-windows-x86.zip to C:\Users\Ezneh\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin
> Failed installing:
> std.net.curl.CurlException at std\net\curl.d(4340): Peer
> certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates
> on handle 3803558

I've had this error when using libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll,
that dub uses. I think they are related to SSL handling, but I'm
far from being an expert on this; are they necessary?