The New Fundraising Campaign

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Jan 2 13:32:43 UTC 2019

On 03/01/2019 12:11 AM, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 January 2019 at 10:16:11 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
>>
>> I would love to have a campaign to increase compilation speed for
>> std.regex and std.format...
>
> You could defer the generation of utf-tables to runtime, which should
> yield some improvement. But I'll measure the reasons for slowness again
> and post em.

I spent the last couple of hours trying to hunt down the performance
cost in std.regex.

Its seems to be caused by std.uni. When I say caused by, I mean pretty
much 100% of the slowness is happening there. It gets a little worse,
the slow parts? Yeah they are being called directly and they are marked
package. Something is off about this.