The New Fundraising Campaign

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:43:41 UTC 2019

On Friday, 4 January 2019 at 10:30:07 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 November 2018 at 16:09:12 UTC, Mike Parker
> wrote:
> [...]
>> Please read the blog post for more details:
>>
>> https://dlang.org/blog/2018/11/10/the-new-fundraising-campaign/
>
> https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/NDUwNTY=
>
> $3,014 Raised of $3,000 Goal
>
> 41 days left
>
> 51 Supporters
>
> Cool, what a wonderful start to the year 2019!
> A big thank you to all pushing the development of D with money
> and time!
> What next Mike?

Awesome; funding goal reached in a little less than 2 months. I
didn't even get around to donating yet, so maybe I'll save it for
the next one instead.

On a related note, D really needs a merch shop. I don't think I'm
the only one that wants a shirt or mug with (a|the) D logo on it,
or Dman. There's an entire industry that's popped up to make
paraphernalia sales far easier in the wake of
Youtube/Deviantart/etc. which is geared toward community-based
projects similar to D.