DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:45:42 UTC 2019

On Friday, 28 December 2018 at 16:31:01 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 28 December 2018 at 07:08:19 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>> While I admire your persistence I fail to understand why you
>> simply don't ignore stuff you do not like. If you do not like
>> conferences fine - do not go there, and let us who do like
>> them and think they are useful have some fun!
>
> Some of us want to improve things for everyone else, too.
>
> Isn't that what open source is all about? We do it initially
> because it works for us, but then share it because it helps the
> community as well.
>
> If you actually tried these improvements, you'd probably like
> them. Even our conservative managers at the day job have
> responded positively to similar changes we made over the last
> year.

Etc...

Just to make it clear - I do not say I am against some other
formats, web conferences, digital meetups, or whatever. I am just
saying that there are people who still prefer DConf as it is
(was). If a group of D enthusiasts want to try something else, by
all means do it! But do not try to be a partybreaker like Joakim
and whenever someone mentions DConf he starts talking crap...

I see absolutely NO problem at all if there is a regular DConf,
and some other forms of communication that Joakim, or you, prefer!

This said - can't wait to attend the DConf in the UK!