My Meeting C++ Keynote video is now available

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:38:39 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 12 January 2019 at 15:51:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> https://youtube.com/watch?v=tcyb1lpEHm0
>
> If nothing else please watch the opening story, it's true and
> quite funny :o).
>
> Now as to the talk, as you could imagine, it touches on another
> language as well...
>

> Andrei

About the adoption and success of DbI libraries:

- Buried inside your talks there are lots of hard-earned
principles:
   "What's missing is as important as what's here"
   "Big interfaces are good"
   etc...
   We have a lack of DbI designers such as yourself or Vladimir so
a short text that teach how to design with DbI could be in order.
   I redirect people to "std::allocator is to allocation what
std::vector is to vexation" because it seems to be the only
tutorial on this.

   Other people often lack interest because of real or perceived
template bloat, and it's critical.

- I think it's important to emphasize CTFE over template
instantiations because (per Stefan's measurements) template
instantiations are a lot slower and CTFE is already surprisingly
faster than template meta-programming, and on the road to become
even faster with the superbly needed newCTFE.