My Meeting C++ Keynote video is now available

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:35:15 UTC 2019

On Monday, 14 January 2019 at 10:18:34 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:

> This is exactly the argument to get a database driver
> (mysql,postgres...) and probably a webserver in std.

Absolutely not! Please...

IMHO, what needs to be in std are just APIs (modules, interfaces,
declarations)...
Leave the implementations elsewhere please. Standard library is
already too large for my taste!

What should be in std are just core stuff that is needed
everywhere.

However, the REFERENCE IMPLEMENTATIONS of these APIs could be,
and in fact SHOULD be, in a set of higher-level implementation
libraries that should be developed by the D Foundation, and
available on the dlang.org for downloads. (part of some kind of
Standard Library Suite)