B Revzin - if const expr isn't broken (was Re: My Meeting C++ Keynote video is now available)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Jan 17 10:14:45 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 05:59:29PM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
> Bartosz Milewski is a C++ programmer and a Haskell fan. He once gave a
> presentation at NWCPP where he wrote a few lines of Haskell code.
> Then, he showed the same code written using C++ template
> metaprogramming.
>
> The Haskell bits in the C++ code were highlighted in red. It was like
> a sea of grass with a shrubbery here and there. Interestingly, by
> comparing the red dots in the C++ code with the Haskell code, you
> could understand what the C++ was doing. Without the red highlighting,
> it was a hopeless wall of < > :-)
[...]

I don't know Haskell, but I've worked with Scheme (another Lisp dialect
/ derivative) a little, and sometimes I feel like the core of my logic
is little bits of shrubbery lost in an ocean of parentheses. :-P

I don't trust computers, I've spent too long programming to think that they can get anything right. -- James Miller