The New Fundraising Campaign

JN 666total at wp.pl
Sat Jan 19 13:21:36 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 19 January 2019 at 12:38:48 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> The norm is for pages to not load in the browser. I don't think
> it's necessary to elaborate on the impression this creates on
> potential users.

Yes. Unfortunately I encounter it quite often. Just now the
it finally loaded. I have mixed feelings about this forum. I
understand it's just a facade over email. I think it works quite
well, and I prefer it to traditional email newsgroups. But
sometimes you'd like fancy stuff like embedding images into your
post, especially when showing off a project.

What I'd really like to see though is an additional section in
the "D Programming Language - Ecosystem". Something like
"Projects". Where you can create threads for projects that you
have started, are working on etc. Something like the old dsource
forums http://dsource.org/forums/ .

Right now there's no place for that. You have General, but it's
for language discussion. Learn is for learning. Announce might
work for that, but in general it's for release announcements,
rather than continued discussion on the project, also it doesn't
work for work in progress projects. I think if such section
existed, with subsections for notable projects, it'd greatly
boost the community. Look at projects like GtkD or VibeD - they
have their own forums. Most people frequent both their forums and
here, but I imagine there are some people that only hang out on
GtkD or VibeD forums. I think it would be beneficial to bring
those people here.