D-lighted, I'm Sure

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 22:05:13 UTC 2019

On Friday, 18 January 2019 at 18:48:00 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Very nice indeed!  Welcome aboard, Ron!

Thanks, H.S.

> I used to remember most of the opcodes by heart... though
> nowadays that memory has mostly faded away.
I used to write 6502 in my head while riding my bike to school,
then write it out, do up a poke statement to jam it into RAM, and
most of the time it worked first try. I was so impressed with
myself.

> I won't bore you with my boring editor, vim (with no syntax
> highlighting -- yes I've been told I'm crazy, and in fact I
> agree

I read somewhere recently that syntax highlighting is considered
a distraction, so you're not the only one. I use it mainly as a
spellchecker. If it lights up, I know I spelled it right! :)

> Linux is my IDE, the whole of it :-P).
And I thought Atom had overhead! :) I do hope you know I'm
kidding. I have been working up to installing Linux on something
around here, too. And FreeBSD. I'm seriously short of hardware
and space to set up other machines ATM, so it's going to have to
wait.