DIP 1016--ref T accepts r-values--Formal Assessment

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 07:53:08 UTC 2019

On Friday, 25 January 2019 at 07:02:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/24/2019 4:21 PM, Elie Morisse wrote:
>> I didn't see that coming and I'm deeply frustrated and
>> disappointed by this review and rejection.
>
> On the contrary. It is good to find conceptual errors before
> implementing it.

You mean the conceptual errors you made when reviewing it? Like:

That the conflation of pass by reference to avoid copying and
mutation is not only deliberate but also mitigated by @disable.

That the DIP applies to statements, not expressions.

That the construction order issue is trivially fixable, by
specifying the same behaviour as the non ref case modulo ref.