DIP 1016--ref T accepts r-values--Formal Assessment

Olivier FAURE couteaubleu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:37:59 UTC 2019

On Friday, 25 January 2019 at 11:56:58 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> All that criticism aside, I'd like to see rvalue references in
> D. But the DIP needs significant work.

I haven't participated to writing this DIP, but I personally
appreciate this level of feedback.

I think it would have been more appreciated if the original
answer had that level of detail.

Otherwise, I don't think this should be an all-or-nothing
situation. It would make sense to bump the DIP back one stage or
two for minor adjustments, and if the author decide that they
need to make major changes to get past the problems you mention,
require these changes to go through the entire process again
(through another DIP).