GtkD Blog Now Up and Running

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Fri Jan 25 22:17:06 UTC 2019

On Friday, 25 January 2019 at 21:16:59 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>
> As of January 11, 2019, http://gtkdcoding.com is up. It's a
> blog, it's a github page, it's simple examples of how to use
> GtkD for all that GUI stuff.
>
> My approach is to lay out a firm foundation for both imperative
> and object-oriented paradigms, then build from there, taking
> things one step at a time.
>
> This being Friday, the 4th post went up this morning. Please do
> let me know if you find it useful.
>
> And why did I wait until now to announce? Well, on day one, it
> seemed a bit silly to announce with only one post. After the
> second and third, well... I still didn't feel there was enough
> to warrant excitement. But four posts? Now that's something to
> speak up about, ain't it?
>
> Yup. That's what I thought, too.

nice! I love seeing tutorials for D stuff, and GtkD is something
I used to use for GUI applications a lot too. I only skimmed over
it a bit, maybe you should also add a post about how to use GtkD
with dub instead of manually invoking the compiler. I think dub
is a lot more beginner friendly and easier to setup + users will
probably want to add some dependencies in the future of their app.

When I tried it with dub it was just adding the dependency and
everything worked on Linux, but I couldn't make it run on windows
with that. (though I only used the app on Linux so that was not a
problem for me)

Anyway, great seeing someone making GtkD tutorials, keep it up +1