GtkD Blog Now Up and Running

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat Jan 26 09:44:44 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 26 January 2019 at 09:32:53 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Friday, 25 January 2019 at 21:16:59 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
>> Hi y'all,
>>
>> As of January 11, 2019, http://gtkdcoding.com is up. It's a
>> blog, it's a github page, it's simple examples of how to use
>> GtkD for all that GUI stuff.
>>
>> My approach is to lay out a firm foundation for both
>> imperative and object-oriented paradigms, then build from
>> there, taking things one step at a time.
>>
>> This being Friday, the 4th post went up this morning. Please
>> do let me know if you find it useful.
>>
>> And why did I wait until now to announce? Well, on day one, it
>> seemed a bit silly to announce with only one post. After the
>> second and third, well... I still didn't feel there was enough
>> to warrant excitement. But four posts? Now that's something to
>> speak up about, ain't it?
>>
>> Yup. That's what I thought, too.
>
> Great posts! Is there a reason you do not use dub? With dub it
> is even possible to set default architecture to x86_64 in the
> settings file. And the command line looks a bit less cryptic
> for new users.
>
> Defintely worths a post on r/programming!
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

There was even the idea to support custom skeletons for dub init:

dub init sample1 -t gtdk

This would create a dub skeleton folder with a sample gtkd source
file.

Martin Nowak had here a great idea how to achieve this

https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/600

This feature would become quite handy.

Kind regards
Andre