Issues Donating or Registering for DConf via Flipcause

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 02:29:08 UTC 2019

Flipcause released a major upgrade to their platform last week
that unified several different components (donations, events,
online stores, etc) into a single system they call Universal
Checkout.

I've just received an email informing me of two things:

* there's a flood of support requests right now, so it could take
much longer than usual to get a response (up to 48 hours, where I
usually hear from them within two).

* there's scheduled downtime this Wednesday, Jan 30, from 1:00am
- 3:00am PST.

 From this, I will tentatively assume until I hear otherwise that
the issues folks have been experiencing lately are related to the
platform upgrade. I've sent an email to the support team, but
likely won't hear from them for a couple of days. I'll cross my
fingers and hope that whatever maintenance they're doing
Wednesday resolves our issues.

In the meantime, if you have issues donating to the General Fund
or the new Forum Server campaign, or registering for DConf
through Flipcause, then please use PayPal. The registration link
for DConf is here:

https://dconf.org/2019/registration.html

The donation link here:

https://dlang.org/foundation/donate.html

The registration link is preconfigured for DConf. If you donate
through PayPal for the Forum Server Campaign, please include a
note on the form letting us know, otherwise your donation will go
to the general fund and won't count toward the $2000 target.