GtkD Blog Now Up and Running

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Jan 29 21:13:17 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 at 20:53:53 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> On Friday, 25 January 2019 at 22:17:06 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>
> I think dub is a lot more beginner friendly and
>> easier to setup + users will probably want to add some
>> dependencies in the future of their app.
>
> LOL! Not my experience with dub, but I take your point.
>
> I haven't actually gone back to try dub again. I have a mental
> block when it comes to json files. Don't know why, it's just
> there.

hey it's easy, you can also use SDL! :p

dub.sdl:
name "my-awesome-gtk-app"

dependency "gtk-d" version="~>3.8.5"

... and that's it already actually. It will compile everything in
the "source" folder and add the dependencies with it.

And well you will have to add DLLs and stuff like you would need
to with pure dmd, gtk-d doesn't ship any DLLs.