GtkD Blog Now Up and Running

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Jan 29 22:16:13 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 at 21:47:06 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 at 21:13:17 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>
>> hey it's easy, you can also use SDL! :p
>>
>> dub.sdl:
>> name "my-awesome-gtk-app"
>>
>> dependency "gtk-d" version="~>3.8.5"
>>

>> ... and that's it already actually. It will compile everything
>> in the "source" folder and add the dependencies with it.
>>
>> And well you will have to add DLLs and stuff like you would
>> need to with pure dmd, gtk-d doesn't ship any DLLs.
>
> Okay, so I create a file, name it dub.sdl and put this in it:
>
> name "my-awesome-gtk-app"
>
> dependency "gtk-d" version="~>3.8.5"
>
> And this goes in the same folder as the code file. And then...
> what? I type: dub?
>
> Just for the record, this is completely different from what I
> was reading before about this dub stuff.

yeah just put it in your project folder, not the source folder,
so it looks like this:

source/
    app.d
    some_other_file.d
dub.sdl

then you just run `dub` in the folder with dub.sdl

A minor "limitation" can be that the files must follow their
filenames as modulenames more strictly (otherwise weird errors
could happen if you add `module bar;` in foo.d for example)