DIP 1017--Add Bottom Type--Formal Assessment

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:01:23 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 30 January 2019 at 20:50:42 UTC, Johannes Loher
wrote:
> Am 30.01.19 um 15:05 schrieb Mike Parker:
>> Given the nature of the feedback in both review rounds this
>> DIP has gone through, Walter has decided to reject his own
>> DIP. He still believes there is a benefit to adding a bottom
>> type to the language, but this proposal is not the way to go
>> about it. He hopes to revisit the issue in the future.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who provided feedback.
>
> I believe this is a good decision and the proper way forward.
>
> I also think that there is indeed a benefit in adding a bootom
> type to the language so I'd be happy to help with a new attempt
> as much my limited knowledge of type theory permits.

+1

Well done Walter, for the professionalism in handling the
decision, and for the bravery in trying to push something he
believe useful for the language, also if he is not as competent
as Timon in this field.

Kudos to you, for the example given, and for the temperance!

-- P