gtkDcoding Facelift Launch

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 09:53:29 UTC 2019

Last week, gtkDcoding saw its 50th regularly-scheduled post.
Today marks the launch of stage two of the facelift we've been
working toward for the last month. The new features are:

- syntax highlighting for all code snippets,
- screenshots for every example, and
- updated color-coding to more easily associate posts with the
topics they cover.

Also of note is that each screenshot set includes:

- a shot (or two or three) of the example code in action,
- a shot of the terminal window showing any output, and
- a link (which opens a new browser tab) to the full code example,
- all these are now found within an in-page box directly below a
page title naming the example, and
- clicking on either of the screenshots displays an overlay with
a full-size view of the screenshot.

There will likely be minor tweaks happening over the next few
weeks, but this is the big roll-out. I hope you all like it.

And instead of linking directly to the article, here's a link to
the main page so you can see the entire facelift:
https://gtkdcoding.com.