Release D 2.087.0

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 12:19:02 UTC 2019

On Monday, 15 July 2019 at 12:14:16 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> On Monday, 15 July 2019 at 12:02:35 UTC, Seb wrote:
>>> I think that fits core.internal better than rt. Have you
>>> considered that during said discussion?
>
> The implementations in `rt/array` contain templates that are
> ports of runtime hooks that used to reside in `rt`.  The
> implementations also require importing implementations from
> `rt` so it makes sense to me that they should all stay within
> `rt`.

You don't need to move the implementations themselves into
core.internal. Adding declarations there for the rt
implementations would suffice.

> `rt` is not imported by the user; it is imported by the
> compiler indirectly through `object.d`.

So is the rest of core.internal.

Please take a few minutes to have a look at the contents of the
core.internal package, as well as all the places in object.d
where modules from core.internal are already imported.

Would you say that those cases are very unlike the case of this
particular change? If so, would you mind explaining how?

> Based on what you and Vladimir have said, I'm even more
> confident I've made the right decision putting them in `rt`.

I really don't see the series of logical steps one would need to
take to reach that conclusion.