Release D 2.087.0

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 12:40:50 UTC 2019

On Monday, 15 July 2019 at 12:36:14 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> Many of the implementations in `rt/array` are templates, so the
> entire implementation should be available through object.d, not
> just declarations.

The amount of templated code is still finite, otherwise you would
have needed to include all of rt into the set of files to be made
importable.

> In `core.internal`, I see utilities that appear to be intended
> for use only within runtime, or "privately" imported by Phobos.
>  I do not see implementations for fundamental language features
> as can be found in `rt`.  The code in `rt/array`
> implementations for fundamental language features, not
> utilities to be used privately with druntime.

Please have a closer look:

- core.internal.hash contains the implementation of hashing
routines used for associative arrays.
- core.internal.arrayop contains the implementation of array
vector operations. This one doesn't seem to be too far from your
work in question.

> "rt can import core, but core can't import rt." makes it pretty
> clear to me.

Please see my other reply.