UPB D Summer School

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:56:38 UTC 2019

Hello,

Edi and myself are glad to announce that the first edition of the
D Summer School that we organized for the students at the
University Politehnica of Bucharest has just ended.

We had 8 practical sessions and a hackathon, during which
students had to work on their project a peer-to-peer client
implementation using vibe.d). The students were lucky enough to
actually have Andrei present them the "Design by Introspection"
course. It goes without saying that they were thrilled.

Our materials can be found here [1] if anybody is interested (
big thanks to Ali for his approval on basing our course on his
book). Photos from the hackathon and Andrei's lecture can be
found here [2].

We hope that by bringing D bootcamp courses to students we can
raise awarness on D and increase its popularity and enlarge our
community.

We have encouraged the graduating students to participate to SAOC
and also we are in discussions with some of them to initiate them
into contributing to D.

Cheers,
RazvanN

[1] https://ocw.cs.pub.ro/courses/dss/