Intellij: Support for TextMate Bundled

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat Jul 27 12:43:22 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 27 July 2019 at 11:38:28 UTC, JN wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 18:46:00 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> On Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 16:20:15 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Intellij added support for TextMate bundles. By adding the
>>> DLang TextMate Bundle[1] you get syntax highlighting.
>>>
>>> If you want also code completion, formatting and linting you
>>> can install the LSP plugin from marketplace and setup DLS [2].
>>>
>>> In addition there is also the complete D support including
>>> debugging by installing the IntelliJ D plugin from
>>> marketplace.
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/textmate/d.tmbundle
>>> [2] https://github.com/d-language-server/dls
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Andre
>>
>> Curious if there are a lot of D programmers using IntelliJ.
>> It's $500 just for the first year.
>
> I tried to give it a go, but this bug
> https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/issues/455 is killing me and I always go back to VSCode w/ Code-D

Yes, calling on every keystroke a DCD client executable which
itself calls DCD server executable via TCP just doesn't work.
Instead, in addition  to the D plugin, I installed LSP plugin and
the D Language Language Server DLS.
DLS will also call DCD but as library.

Another performance issue is, the D Intellij plugin executes Dub
very often for syntax checking. There is currently only a hack to
disable it
(https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/issues/331)

At the moment there is some manual work needed (1 hour) to setup
the D Intellij plugin. But if you invest it, it is a great IDE
and makes a lot of fun.

Kind regards
Andre