Redis client hunt-redis RC1 released

Johannes Loher johannes.loher at fg4f.de
Sat Jul 27 17:25:50 UTC 2019

Am 27.07.19 um 16:00 schrieb zoujiaqing:
> On Saturday, 27 July 2019 at 09:07:13 UTC, Eugene Wissner wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> But we use other language to implementation.
>>
>> It doesn't matter. It is all about intellectual property, algorithms
>> and the structure. The language is the least important factor.
>
> 这不是问题,问题是我们想保留他的版权,我愿意告诉大家我们是翻译的jedis,
> 因为我想大家更了解一个项目。

However, you do not seem to keep his copy right. In the whole project,
there is not a single mention of Jedis or its author "Jonathan
Leibiusky". The MIT license, under which Jedis is licensed, explicitly
requires you to keep the original copyright notice:

"The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software."

By not by not keeping the notice, you are actually performing copy right
infringement.

I think it is very honorable of you to contribute to the D community by
porting a lot of stuff and thereby improving the ecosystem. I thank you
for that. But you can only do this within the boundaries that the
licenses of the software you port allows.

I mean come on, it's not that difficult, right? Simply keep the original
copy right notice, that is all that is reuired... For the sake of your
own company, please take more care and properly address these licensing
issues. Otherwise people might actually try to sue you for it...

On a side note: I'm not sure if this has ever been made official, but it
is common practice to write in English on this mailing list. Please
stick to that. It is simply the best common ground that we have and it
also makes a lot of sense: Would you want to have to put almost every
message here into google translator because they are in German, Polish,
Swedish, Spanish, etc.? Thanks :)