DIP 1013--The Deprecation Process--Formal Assessment

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 13:49:27 UTC 2019

DIP 1013, "The Deprecation Process", has been accepted.

After six months without a response from the DIP author, I
decided to move this DIP out f Post-Final and into Formal
Assessment rather than marking it as Abandoned. It's a simple DIP
and it was the last stage of the process, so it seemed a waste
not to go forward.

Walter and Andrei were willing to accept the DIP with some
revisions (details in the review summary at the bottom of the
DIP). I reached out to Jonathan Davis and he agreed to make the
revisions. He got the revised document to me just before DConf,
so by the time I was ready to hand it back to Walter and Andrei
after DConf, Atila was in the mix. None had any objections and
here we are.

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1013.md