Visual D 0.50.0 released

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Jun 24 05:25:32 UTC 2019

On 24/06/2019 00:25, Greatsam4sure wrote:

>> Visual D works for VS 2008 up to VS 2019. The new project dialog in VS
>> 2019 makes it hard to discover the new projects because the categories
>> are hardcoded and cannot be extended. You have to scroll down the list
>> of "All" project templates. Once used the project types appear in the
>> recently used projects list.
>

> Thanks, I just installed the package with DMD and LDC but my old version
> of DMD was not replaced. Is there a reason for this? I now have two
> versions of DMD on my laptop now-dmd 2.086 and 2.086.1

It doesn't (yet) delete old versions of the compilers because I didn't
want to break existing setups. In case something fails to compile for
your code with the new compiler release, you can easily go back to the
previous one.

The compiler update also doesn't change your environment as the DMD
installer (optionally) does, so you have to set PATH yourself.