Priority DIP for Draft Review: Argument Ownership and Function Calls

Newbie2019 newbie2019 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:56:08 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 26 June 2019 at 10:51:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Walter has a DIP currently in Draft Review that is a critical
> feature for the implementation of safe ref counting. It needs
> to have priority through the DIP process.
>
> Before I move it to Community Review, it should be vetted for a
> couple of weeks in the Draft Review. Anyone who has the time
> and interest, please cast your eyes upon it and attempt to
> destroy it to the best of your ability:

Even I may not fully understand it, I still vote to support this
DIPs.

The limits is clear and only effect the "bugs  prone" double
scope ref code,  this kind code should be addressed anyway.

I do like D have full borrow check/static interface without
runtime cost very much(the rust style), but we already has
dip1000 why not make it more safe and move on.