Sublime Text Syntax Definition Rewrite

Benjamin Schaaf ben.schaaf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 03:40:32 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 11:15:05 UTC, Dmitry wrote:
> If I open 3-10 GB file (log) and then try to find something,
> it's almost unusable. For example, I pressed Ctrl+F and entered
> first char. After it, Sublime may become frozen for (just for
> example, it depends) 40 seconds. Then second char — same. Etc.
> So, just to open file and find first required record (like
> '2019-02-28, 08:05:') may take 5 minutes (and again, it
> depends). As I understand, it's because Sublime tries to find
> and highlight all same sequences. Any old editor (without such
> highlighting) works faster.

In terms of search performance this comes from "Highlight
matches" being enabled. Turning off that option yields a massive
performance increase as we're no longer searching the whole file
for every key-press.

> P.P.S. Also there are some problems when opened many tabs (6-7
> windows, 100+ tabs). Then I can't drag the window to second
> display. It changes size to minimal possible and I can't catch
> it (there are only sublime icon + window's icons)

This sounds like a bug, a bug report on
https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues would be much
appreciated :)