Release D 2.085.0

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 21:51:30 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 at 18:19:37 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Glad to announce D 2.085.0, ♥ to the 49 contributors.
>
> This release comes with context-aware assertion messages, lower
> GC memory usage, a precise GC, support to link custom GCs, lots
> of Objective-C improvements¹, and toolchainRequirements for
> dub. This release also ended official support for OSX-32.
>
> http://dlang.org/download.html
> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.085.0.html
>
> ¹: There is a pending Objective-C fix
> (https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/9402) that slipped 2.085.0
> but will
> be released with 2.085.1 soon (~1.5 weeks).
>
> -Martin

Thanks!

It would be even greater if the GC could automatically do

    -DRT-gcopt=cleanup:none

automatically for all the GC-allocations of aggregate types that
don't have a destructor (hasElaborateDestructor being true for
structs and classes).

Would that be possible to implement?

I presume that would require segregating the heap even further,
right?