Compiler benchmarker for D, C, C++, Go, Rust with more to come

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Tue Mar 19 10:10:28 UTC 2019

On Monday, 18 March 2019 at 21:34:40 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> On Monday, 18 March 2019 at 12:33:12 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> [1] https://github.com/dlang/installer
>
> Does this include a script for building dmd with ldc or this
> not yet possible?

Well, you don't really need a script:

git clone https://github.com/dlang/dmd
HOST_DMD=ldmd2 make -f posix.mak -j10

Additionally, you can add `ENABLE_RELEASE=1` to create a fully
optimized release binary.

This has been possible for a very long time and actually is even
tested on every PR with SemaphoreCI (Linux) and AppVeyor
(Windows).

BTW, the Arch DMD package [1] is the only package that I know of
which is actually using LDC to compile DMD for the released
binaries.

[1]
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/dmd#n54