GtkD Blog Post #0005 Now Live

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 12:05:30 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 21 March 2019 at 13:22:49 UTC, number wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 at 21:00:10 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
>> Another blog post available at http://gtkdcoding.com
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>

> Thank you for these tutorials!
>
> Just want to mention that the code on the page (0005) is not in
> sync with the one on github. In the else branch, the former
> uses 'window.setSizeRequest(640, 480)' where the latter uses
> 'window.setSizeRequest(-1, -1);' and the comment doesn't make
> sense with the use of -1 because the limit is actually removed.
>
> As for the first code ('Pre-Size a Window'): setSizeRequest()
> might be 'simple' but that doesn't explain what it does, i.e.
> setting a minimum size.

You're right. I noticed as I was getting my Linux installation
working that this particular example behaves differently
depending on whether it's compiled on Windows or Linux. I had
planned to go back and take another look to figure out what those
differences were, but just haven't gotten to it yet.

I'll get at it as soon as time allows. In the meantime, I hope it
doesn't distract too much.

Thanks for bringing this back into the forefront for me.