2nd Release Candidate 2.086.0 [was: Re: Beta 2.086.0]

Norm norm.rowtree at gmail.com
Thu May 2 01:34:16 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 2 May 2019 at 00:10:46 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 April 2019 at 14:16:09 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> Glad to announce the first beta for the 2.086.0 release, ♥ to
>> the 51 contributors.
>
> A second release candidate including a critical regression fix
> is live now.
>
> http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta
> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.086.0.html
>
> -Martin

Sorry I don't know if this is the right place to report this, if
not please let me know where a good place would be. With this
release I can no longer build a subpackage with dub.

I had a look at the dub changelog but I can't see what I'm doing
wrong.

2.085.1 builds OK

2.086.0-rc2 fails to build:

[2086.0-rc2] $ dub build :pkg1 --build=unittest
Package ':pkg1' was neither found locally nor online.

My dir structure are as follows:
---
$ tree
.
├── dub.sdl
├── pkg1
│   ├── dub.sdl
│   └── source
│       └── app.d
└── pkg2
     ├── dub.sdl
     └── source
         └── app.d

4 directories, 5 files

The app.d sources are empty dub generated app.d files
---
import std.stdio;

void main()
{
         writeln("Edit source/app.d to start your project.");
}
---

The toplevel sdl file
---
name "testpkg"
description "Test subpackages"
copyright "Copyright (C) 2019, norm"
authors "norm"
targetType "none"
license "freeware"

dependency "test:pkg1" version="*"
dependency "test:pkg2" version="*"
subPackage "./pkg1/"
subPackage "./pkg2/"
---

The pkg1 and pkg2 SDL files are given below
---
name "pkg1"
description "A minimal D application."
authors "norm"