DConf 2019 Livestream

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu May 9 16:27:13 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 01:54:31AM -0400, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
> This sort of stuff happens literally EVERY year! At this point, you
> can pretty much guarantee that for any Dconf, Day 1's keynote doesn't
> get professionally livestreamed, if its recorded at all. At the very
> LEAST, it makes us look bad.
>
> Is there SOMETHING we can do about this moving forward? Maybe use
> Dconf/Dfoundation funds to hire a proven video crew not reliant on
> venue, or something...?

+1. This repeated unreliability of streaming/recording is embarrassing.
We should just use our own video crew next DConf. *After* testing
everything on-venue *before* the actual start of the conference, so that
any issues are noticed and addressed beforehand.

There is no gravity. The earth sucks.