DConf 2019 AGM Livestream

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 02:27:32 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 11 May 2019 at 20:35:40 UTC, Exil wrote:

> Regarding the discussion of how bool is handled...
>
>> It's a one bit integer so it should behave like a one bit
>> integer
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpTAtiboIDs#t=2h17m50s

I think Walter is conflating how bool is stored in memory with
its semantics.  I'm currently considering using D's rich modeling
features to create a new boolean type that behaves more like a
boolean and less like a bit.  But it's unfortunate and
disappointing we have to resort to something like that.

Mike