bool (was DConf 2019 AGM Livestream)

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Sun May 12 20:58:58 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 14:50:33 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 5/12/19 1:34 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>> However in this case the community consensus is that the chain
>> of reasoning you have used to arrive at your decision is wrong.
>
> It's a simple enough matter to be understood, and reasonable to
> assume Walter is not missing any important facts or details.
> Poking holes in his explanations is, I confess, attractive, but
> ultimately are about debate skills rather than technical. I do
> agree that the way explanations on DIP decisions go could and
> should be improved a lot.

Then let me rephrase my complaints as a question (to you, Walter
and the community):

At what level of egregiousness of the degree to which the
unanimous community consensus believes both your decision and
chain of reasoning are fundamentally wrong, do we, the community,
decide to reject your position completely and implement the
community consensus?