D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Sun May 19 21:01:33 UTC 2019

Hi, we are currently build up our new technology stack and for this
create a 2D GUI framework.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu988snx2lqockb/Bildschirmaufnahme%202019-05-19%20um%2022.32.46.mov?dl=0

The screencast shows a responsive 40x40 grid. Layouting the grid takes
about 230ms, drawing it about 10ms. The mouse clicks are handled via a
reactive message stream and routed to all graphical objects that are
hit using a spatial-index. The application code part is about 50 lines
of code, the rest is handled by the framework.

With all this working now, we have all necessary building blocks
working together.

Next steps are to create more widgets and add a visual style system.
The widgets themself are style-free and wire-frame only for debugging
purposes.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com