Biology nerds needed in a D project!

Alex AJ at gmail.com
Fri May 24 00:10:54 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 23:17:08 UTC, Murilo wrote:
> Guys I'm trying to make a program that simulates a neuron which
> behaves like the Physarum polycephalum so it will be able to
> develop intelligence. I'm making it totally in the D
> programming language. I will need help from biology nerds. If
> you want to participate you can contact me:
> 1- on my GitHub: https://github.com/MuriloMir
> or
> 2- via e-mail: murilomiranda92 at hotmail.com
> or
> 3- via the Dlang facebook group:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/662119670846705/
> or
> 4- on my twitter: https://twitter.com/MuriloMN0

It doesn't matter how you model a neuron. Whatever sigmoid
function you use will end up converging to the same result. All
neurons function in the same way, and that is as a switch. This
is why you can use all kinds of stuff for switches and it work.

It seems that as long as they mimic a step function then it will
work.

I'd suggest you design your algorithms around using a generic
neuron and then you can play around with specific implementations.